Vietnam now is one of the most dynamic emerging countries in the East Asia region. Vietnam’s rapid transformation from being amongst the world’s poorest to transforming into one of the fastest growing countries in the world, has garnered surprising reactions by many. This achievement was indeed supported by many multi-lateral donors as well as trading partners like Australia. Our policy team has prepared two useful factsheets with the aim to inform and promote a better understanding of the bilateral relationship between Australia and Vietnam.
The factsheets show an economic snapshot, general characteristics and comparison of the two countries. The economic data provides information on the current economic status while the general characteristics provide several interesting and unique facts about Vietnam and Australia. The factsheets also provide insight into economic progress of both countries over.
Key information presented in the factsheets include:
- Vietnam’s economy is one of the fastest growing markets in the world with constant economic growth of nearly 7% in 2017. The average GDP growth was 6.2% for the period from 2000 to 2016.
- Vietnam is increasingly attractive destination for foreign direct investment including manufacturing.
- Australia is one of the most multicultural countries in the world with almost one in four Australians being born overseas.
- There are about 230 200 people born in Vietnam who are Australian residents as at June, 2015 according to the ABS.
- It is the 6th highest country of birth in Australia.
With these factsheets, we aim to spark interest and facilitate greater ties between the two countries.
AVYLD’s purpose is to facilitate a deeper understanding and collaboration between Australian and Vietnamese young leaders to enhance the economic, social and cultural prosperity of Australia and Vietnam.
Check out the factsheets below: