The Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue (AVYLD/Dialogue) is an independent non-profit initiative that was established to nurture relationships, promote engagement and incubate collaboration between Australian and Vietnamese young leaders from a broad spectrum of society. Through people to people links, we believe the bilateral relationship between Australia and Vietnam can be strengthened to contribute to the development of each respective nation.
The inaugural Dialogue occurred in May 2017, Sydney, Australia. From 1400 expressions of interest, 10 exceptional leaders under 35 from both countries, were selected. They came together to incubate relationships and establish a powerful network of influential changemakers. The dialogue will be a biannual initiative with locations rotating between the countries.
More info at www.australiavietnam.org
The Dialogue was supported by the Australia ASEAN Council, as part of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Delegates have been invited to meet both Vietnamese and Australian Prime Ministers as well as Foreign Ministers of both countries. The Dialogue has become a key platform to develop high level people to people links. Business, educational and cultural collaboration are outcomes of the first dialogue.
AVLD is recruiting a volunteer Finance Manager, based in Australia, to join the steering committee which will plan and implement the 2019 Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue in May 2019, Vietnam. The steering committee will be offered the chance to participate in the Dialogue. In 2017, the steering committee were able to hear from over 50 speakers, attend multiple high-level receptions and network with influential leaders from a diverse array of sectors. They also received a personal written acknowledgment letter from the Australian Ambassador to Vietnam for their contributions.
Reporting to: Steering Committee Director
You will work closely with the Steering Committee Director to ensure the finances of the organisation are in good order and that the program is delivered on budget. An essential aspect is to ensure vendor and supplier invoices are paid in a timely manner. Note that this will include vendors/suppliers from both Australia and Vietnam. Additionally, this role will include supporting Steering Committee members in various tasks such as identifying and selecting suppliers to ensure best value for money and/or following up outstanding accounts.
- Process accounts receivables and accounts payables, including generation of invoices
- Reconcile daily, monthly and yearly transactions
- Manage records and receipts
- Prepare key financial reports and assist with grant acquittals
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budgets
- At least 2-4 years’ experience as an accountant or finance position
- Demonstrated interest in the Australia Vietnam relationship
- Willingness to commit to 2-5 hours per week for the duration of the role, but with a one week commitment during the actual Dialogue (hours may vary leading up to and during events)
- Diligent, open and honest
- Passionate about contributing to the development of society
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Please apply online by 14 May 2018.
Commencement: 1 June 2018 until 30 June 2019