The Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue (AVYLD/Dialogue) is an independent non-profit initiative that was established to nurture relationships, promote engagement and incubate collaboration between Australian and Vietnamese young leaders from a broad spectrum of society. Through people to people links, we believe the bilateral relationship between Australia and Vietnam can be strengthened to contribute to the development of each respective nation.
The inaugural Dialogue occurred in May 2017, Sydney, Australia. From 1400 expressions of interest, 10 exceptional leaders under 35 from both countries, were selected. They came together to incubate relationships and establish a powerful network of influential changemakers. The dialogue will be a biannual initiative with locations rotating between the countries.
More info at www.australiavietnam.org
The Dialogue was supported by the Australia ASEAN Council, as part of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Delegates have been invited to meet both Vietnamese and Australian Prime Ministers as well as Foreign Ministers of both countries. The Dialogue has become a key platform to develop high level people to people links. Business, educational and cultural collaboration are outcomes of the first dialogue.
Marketing and Communications Manager
AVLD is recruiting a volunteer Marketing and Communications Manager, based in Vietnam, to join the steering committee which will plan and implement the 2019 Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue in May 2019, Vietnam. The steering committee will be offered the chance to participate in the Dialogue. In 2017, the steering committee was able to hear from over 50 speakers, attend multiple high-level receptions and network with influential leaders from a diverse array of sectors. They also received a personal written acknowledgment letter from the Australian Ambassador to Vietnam for their contributions.
Reporting to: Steering Committee Director
Responsible for overall marketing at AVYLD. To cover creation and implementation of all elements of strategy and planning that enhances brand equity and assists AVYLD in achieving its objectives. To plan, develop, implement and measure AVYLD’s marketing, communications and public relations activities, delivering measurable projects and campaigns on time, within budget and to a consistently high quality.
- To develop and update as necessary AVYLD’s marketing strategy aligned with the organisation’s mission.
- To utilise the marketing strategy to create and implement a marketing plan.
- To develop and manage an integrated digital marketing plan.
- To work with relevant members of the steering committee to manage and update the website and social media platforms.
- To work with the Graphic Designer and Sponsor Liaison to develop relevant sponsor materials to support a funding plan.
- To run effective marketing campaigns which will maximise applicants, sponsors and interactions with the Dialogue in both Australia and Vietnam.
- To develop communications plans and activities including news and other content for media and associate organisations.
- To act as media liaison.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Based in Vietnam
- Demonstrated interest in the Australia Vietnam relationship
- Ability to communicate in Vietnamese and English
- Willingness to commit to 2-5 hours per week for the duration of the role, but with a one week commitment during the actual Dialogue
- Diligent, open and honest
- Passionate about contributing to the development of society
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Very organised and has exceptional attention to detail
Please apply online by 14 May 2018.
Commencement: 1 June 2018 until 30 June 2019