RECRUITMENT OF EVENTS MANAGER – Based in Australia
The Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue (AVYLD/Dialogue) is an independent non-profit initiative that was established to nurture relationships, promote engagement and incubate collaboration between Australian and Vietnamese young leaders from a broad spectrum of society. Through people to people links, we believe the bilateral relationship between Australia and Vietnam can be strengthened to contribute to the development of each respective nation.
The inaugural Dialogue occurred in May 2017, Sydney, Australia and was followed by the second Dialogue in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in May 2019. In 2019, 11 leaders between the ages of 25-35 years of age were selected to represent each country out of a total of 2000 expressions of interests.
Our AVYLD Alumni are an inspirational, talented group of young leaders. They have been identified to be significant people of impact in their respective nations in the next 10 years and beyond. They came together as part of the Dialogues to incubate relationships and establish a powerful network of influential changemakers. The Dialogue is an biannual initiative with locations rotating between the countries, together with a series of events and activities between the Dialogues to nurture the powerful Alumni network and strengthen the Australia-Vietnam bilateral relationship.
The Dialogue was supported previously by the Australia ASEAN Council, as part of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and significant corporate partnerships from both Australia and Vietnam. In the past, delegates have been invited to meet both Vietnamese and Australian Prime Ministers as well as Foreign Ministers of both countries. The Dialogue has become a key platform to develop high level people to people links. Since 2017, as a result of AVYLD, a social enterprise has been created assisting victims of domestic violence. The non-profit was created during AVYLD 2017 and is now fully operational in Vietnam. It is aptly named Hope Box. A sister city relationship has been initiated and pursued, as well as education, healthcare and other linkages. The people to people links are deep and ongoing as a result of our intentional design of nurturing exceptional change makers.
AVYLD is recruiting a volunteer Events Manager, based in Australia, to join the Steering Committee which will plan and implement the 2021 Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue in mid-2021, Australia, together with other smaller milestone events in the lead up, in both Australia and Vietnam. The Steering Committee will also be offered the chance to participate in the Dialogue. In 2017 and 2019, our Steering Committee were able to hear from over 50 speakers, attended multiple high-level receptions, networked with influential leaders from a diverse array of sectors, and took great pride in being part of the AVYLD community.
Reporting to: Co-Steering Committee Directors
We are looking for a highly competent Events Manager to oversee and organise AVYLD events that will make an impact on the target audience. You will manage the whole process from the planning stage, right through to running the event and carrying out the post-event evaluation. This role requires paying attention to budget and time constraints to ensure events are successful and cost-effective, and most importantly in line with our AVYLD values and mission.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with local planning authorities and key stakeholders to plan the major events such as launch, announcement event and Dialogue, according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Identify suggestions to enhance AVYLD’s series of events and build upon existing success.
- Work with the Steering Committee Directors to monitor and ensure budget adherence.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Manage additional volunteer staff to support during the Dialogue.
- Work with event planning vendors to ensure ground operations are smooth.
- Lead promotional activities for the Dialogue.
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare relevant reports post Dialogue.
- Other tasks as required to ensure successful delivery of all events associated with AVYLD.
- Embody the values and mission of AVYLD
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in events management
- Based in Australia
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in the Australia Vietnam relationship
- Willingness to commit to 2-5 hours per week for the duration of the role, but with a one week commitment during the actual Dialogue (hours may vary leading up to and during events) noting a significant increase in hours may be required closer to the Dialogue.
- Responsive, diligent, open and honest
- Passionate about contributing to the development of society
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Very organised and has exceptional attention to detail.
Please send your CV and a short statement on “Why you would like to join the Steering Committee” to email@example.com
Deadline: 10th July 2020
Commencement period: Mid-July 2020 until 30 December 2021