RECRUITMENT OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
1 role in Vietnam; 1 role in Australia
The Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue (AVYLD/Dialogue) is an independent non-profit initiative that was established to nurture relationships, promote engagement and incubate collaboration between Australian and Vietnamese young leaders from a broad spectrum of society. Through people to people links, we believe the bilateral relationship between Australia and Vietnam can be strengthened to contribute to the development of each respective nation.
The inaugural Dialogue occurred in May 2017, Sydney, Australia and was followed by the second Dialogue in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in May 2019. In 2019, 11 leaders between the ages of 25-35 years of age were selected to represent each country out of a total of 2000 expressions of interests.
Our AVYLD Alumni are an inspirational, talented group of young leaders. They have been identified to be significant people of impact in their respective nations in the next 10 years and beyond. They came together as part of the Dialogues to incubate relationships and establish a powerful network of influential changemakers. The Dialogue is a biannual initiative with locations rotating between the countries, together with a series of events and activities between the Dialogues to nurture the powerful Alumni network and strengthen the Australia-Vietnam bilateral relationship.
The Dialogue was supported previously by the Australia ASEAN Council, as part of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and significant corporate partnerships from both Australia and Vietnam. In the past, delegates have been invited to meet both Vietnamese and Australian Prime Ministers as well as Foreign Ministers of both countries. The Dialogue has become a key platform to develop high-level people to people links. Since 2017, as a result of AVYLD, a social enterprise has been created assisting victims of domestic violence. The non-profit was created during AVYLD 2017 and is now fully operational in Vietnam. It is aptly named Hope Box. A sister city relationship has been initiated and pursued, as well as education, healthcare and other linkages. The people to people links are deep and ongoing as a result of our intentional design of nurturing exceptional change-makers.
Marketing and Communications Manager
AVYLD is recruiting two volunteer Marketing and Communications Manager, one based in Vietnam and Australia respectively, to join the Steering Committee which will plan and implement the 2021 Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue in mid-2021, Australia, together with other smaller milestone events in the lead-up, in both Australia and Vietnam. The Steering Committee will also be offered the chance to participate in the Dialogue. In 2017 and 2019, our Steering Committee were able to hear from over 50 speakers, attended multiple high-level receptions, networked with influential leaders from a diverse array of sectors, and took great pride in being part of the AVYLD community.
Reporting to: Steering Committee Directors
As a Marketing and Communications Manager, you are responsible for all overall marketing and communications projects as part of activities and initiatives delivered by AVYLD. Your duties also include cover creation and implementation of all elements of strategy and planning that enhances brand equity and assists our organisation in achieving its objectives. You will plan, develop, implement and measure AVYLD’s marketing, communications and public relations activities, delivering measurable projects and campaigns on time, within budget and to a consistently high quality.
- To develop and update as necessary AVYLD’s marketing strategy aligned with the organisation’s mission.
- To utilise the marketing strategy to create and implement a marketing plan.
- To develop and manage an integrated digital marketing plan.
- To work with relevant members of the steering committee to manage and update the website and social media platforms.
- To work with the Graphic Designer and Sponsor Liaison to develop relevant sponsor materials to support a funding plan.
- To run effective marketing campaigns which will maximise applicants, sponsors and interactions with the Dialogue in both Australia and Vietnam.
- To develop communications plans and activities including news and other content for media and associate organisations.
- To act as media liaison, develop media releases and gain reach in respective countries media settings.
- Embody the values and mission of AVYLD
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Demonstrated experience and/or interest in the Australia Vietnam relationship
- Willingness to commit to 2-5 hours per week for the duration of the role, but with a one week commitment during the actual Dialogue (hours may vary leading up to and during events) noting a significant increase in hours may be required closer to the Dialogue.
- Responsive, diligent, open and honest
- Passionate about contributing to the development of society
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Very organised and has exceptional attention to detail.
Please send your CV and a short statement on “Why you would like to join the Steering Committee” to email@example.com
Deadline: 10th July 2020
Commencement period: Mid-July 2020 until 30 December 2021