RECRUITMENT OF POLICY & PROJECT OFFICER
The Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue (AVYLD/Dialogue) is an independent non-profit initiative that was established to nurture relationships, promote engagement and incubate collaboration between Australian and Vietnamese young leaders from a broad spectrum of society. Through people to people links, we believe the bilateral relationship between Australia and Vietnam can be strengthened to contribute to the development of each respective nation.
The inaugural Dialogue occurred in May 2017, Sydney, Australia and was followed by the second Dialogue in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in May 2019. In 2019, 11 leaders between the ages of 25-35 years of age were selected to represent each country out of a total of 2000 expressions of interests.
Our AVYLD Alumni are an inspirational, talented group of young leaders. They have been identified to be significant people of impact in their respective nations in the next 10 years and beyond. They came together as part of the Dialogues to incubate relationships and establish a powerful network of influential changemakers. The Dialogue is a biannual initiative with locations rotating between the countries, together with a series of events and activities between the Dialogues to nurture the powerful Alumni network and strengthen the Australia-Vietnam bilateral relationship.
The Dialogue was supported previously by the Australia ASEAN Council, as part of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and significant corporate partnerships from both Australia and Vietnam. In the past, delegates have been invited to meet both Vietnamese and Australian Prime Ministers as well as Foreign Ministers of both countries. The Dialogue has become a key platform to develop high-level people to people links. Since 2017, as a result of AVYLD, a social enterprise has been created assisting victims of domestic violence. The non-profit was created during AVYLD 2017 and is now fully operational in Vietnam. It is aptly named Hope Box. A sister city relationship has been initiated and pursued, as well as education, healthcare and other linkages. The people to people links are deep and ongoing as a result of our intentional design of nurturing exceptional change-makers.
Policy & Project Officer
AVYLD is recruiting a volunteer Policy & Project Officer to join the Steering Committee which will plan and implement the 2021 Australia Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue in mid-2021, Australia, together with other smaller milestone events in the lead-up, in both Australia and Vietnam. The Steering Committee will also be offered the chance to participate in the Dialogue. In 2017 and 2019, our Steering Committee were able to hear from over 50 speakers, attended multiple high-level receptions, networked with influential leaders from a diverse array of sectors, and took great pride in being part of the AVYLD community.
Reporting to: Steering Committee Directors
You will work closely with the Policy Manager and the Steering Committee Directors to research current issues relating to Australia and Vietnam, help to develop content and public material, and inform the Dialogue key themes. A core element of the role will be undertaking research to inform content design for the Dialogue, and also for the broader Steering Committee streams. This role will also be required to produce briefing notes and documentation to support our engagement with the respective Government/s.
- Maintain an up-to-date research database about relevant activities occurring in Australia and Vietnam
- Research and prepare evidence to support our content materials
- Communicate research findings to inform team members and relevant stakeholders
- Prepare relevant reports about Australia and Vietnam for a non-technical audience
- Liaise with the Steering Committee to successfully execute on AVYLD content strategy
- Collaborate with the Steering Committee to translate statistics and qualitative research into useful, informative infographics
- Provide and/or assist with informative presentations about Australia and Vietnam
- Prepare briefing notes and materials for engagement with Government representatives on behalf of Steering Committee Directors and the Board of Director.
- Support the design of the Dialogue program, and identification of relevant speakers based on research undertaken.
- Support the briefing of speakers ensuring relevant research and content is provided and topical for the Dialogue.
- Other tasks relating to the Policy and Project function.
- Embody the values and mission of AVYLD
- Demonstrated interest in the Australia Vietnam relationship
- Quick learner who can summarise and explain complex information into simple, clear insights
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data
- Some research experience and familiarity with sourcing quality information
- Detailed orientated with a flair for producing creative presentations
- Willingness to commit to 2-5 hours per week for the duration of the role, but with a one-week commitment during the actual Dialogue (hours may vary leading up to and during events) noting a significant increase in hours may be required closer to the Dialogue.
- Responsive, diligent, open and honest
- Passionate about contributing to the development of society
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
Please send your CV and a short statement on “Why you would like to join the Steering Committee” to email@example.com
Deadline: 10th July 2020
Commencement period: Mid-July 2020 until 30 December 2021