The second Australia-Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue will be held on 26–30 May 2019 in Vietnam.
We are seeking young established Australian and Vietnamese leaders to connect, collaborate and engage to strengthen the bilateral relationship and contribute to the development of each respective nation.
Are you eligible to apply for the AVYLD 2019?
- Be in the 25-35 age range
- Have a demonstrated interest in Australia or Vietnam
- Have citizenship or permanent residency in the country you are choosing to represent
- Fluent in English (minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent)
Note: You don’t need to be of Vietnamese ethnicity to participate. We are open to anyone with an interest in Australia-Vietnam relations or an interest in Australia-Southeast Asia relations. For further clarifications on the eligibility, please check out the general FAQ.
Following the highly successful inaugural dialogue in 2017, Australian and Vietnamese delegates will come together to discuss the theme “Beyond 2019: creating a sustainable future together”.
A comprehensive four-day program will enable delegates to have open discussions on matters relating to both countries.
Delegates will hear from keynote speakers and panellists and participate in a number of interactive sessions, site visits and activities.
The themes of the dialogue include:
- Multidimensional leadership
- Leading in the global economy
- Diplomacy and the rising importance of soft power
- Identifying opportunities for social challenges
- Future industries and the digital economy
- The fourth industrial revolution
- Driving trade and investment
- Entrepreneurial thinking in the Indo-Pacific
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Sustainable human capital
- Sustainable growth
- Environmental sustainability
- Australia and Vietnam 2030: Open dialogue with Ambassadors
- What are your greatest concerns for Australia and/or Vietnam?
- Challenge and opportunities: identification of social challenges and developing sustainable solutions