AVYLD Selection Process
The inaugural Australia-Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue (AVYLD) will be held in Sydney in May 2017, involving 20 delegates from Australia and Vietnam along with various speakers and partners from diverse sectors including business, education, policy, non-for-profit and the arts.
The selection criteria are as follow:
- Demonstrated existing leadership qualities;
- Potential for significant impact in their country in the next 15 years;
- Current or proposed initiatives with ties to Australia or Vietnam – whichever is not the delegate’s country of birth;
- Commitment to participate in AVYLD activities; and
- Reference or letter of support from the community you represent.
Steering committee review
A minimum of two steering committee member will review each application and assess each applicant based on the four criteria:
- Bilateral relationship – Australia and/or Vietnam demonstrated interest and ability/opportunity to deepen & leverage bilateral relationship to further impact
- Potential for impact – Their work/project has the potential to greatly contribute to national prosperity
- Commitment – Commitment towards their own vision and the objectives of AVYLD
- Leadership – Demonstrates they have the potential to become significant leaders in their country in the next 15-20 years with a clear vision as to how they can contribute to national prosperity.
The steering committee will then shortlist the Top 50 applicants based on an overall rating of the four criteria above.
The shortlisted Top 50 applicants, which consist of 25 applicants from Australia and 25 applicants from Vietnam will be invited to a Skype interview with AVYLD advisors and co-founders.
Each interview is conducted by two interviewers at a time consisting of one advisor and one co-founder. Each advisor will be interviewing five applicants and the two co-founders will interview all 25 candidates from each side.
Interview performance will be based on the four criteria as outlined above.
The delegates of the inaugural Australia-Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue will be announced in early-mid February 2017.
11 October 2016: Applications open.
30 November 2016: Applications close.
December 2016: Review of online applications.
December 2016 – January 2017: Shortlisted applicants are invited to interviews.
Late January 2017: Selected delegates are notified of the outcome.
Mid February 2017: Announcement of the inaugural Australia-Vietnam Young Leadership Dialogue delegates of 2017.